The Ubiquiti Meeting – held this Wednesday 28th Oct.’09 in Ann Arbor MI – had about 40 participants all told. The organizations represented included the OEMs (Chrysler, GM, Ford, Navistar, John Deere), the Suppliers (Autoliv, Continental Corp., Yazaki, Magna Int’l, Federal-Mogul, Visteon, Dura Auto, Freudenberg-NOK, SMR Reflectec), our software tech partner (HCL America), the US Army TARDEC/TACOM, and some consulting companies.
Presentations were made on some newer Ubiquiti technologies, but Continental Corp. did not make a presentation as planned earlier (due to corporate-level considerations). Our new software tech partner, HCL America made a presentation on their Warranty Solution. Perhaps most notably, this time round, there was a significant level of participant interaction, and thoughts were freely exchanged. Some points that we were able to pick up included the following:
– Suppliers are requesting more data from OEMs, since there is greater expectation in joint resolution of issues identified.
– The number of parts of an organization affected by repairs and warranty processes is surprisingly large (eg, Engineering, Quality, Financial, Sales & Marketing etc.).
– Ubiquiti customers are generally happy with our Analytics software (and that’s good, of course).
– Ubiquiti Diagnostics software needs to take into account Fixes in-place (eg, in new Model Years etc.), and bias results based on these fixes. Also, process-related aspects need to be considered in Diagnostics, since they represent significant challenges & opportunities.
– At least three organizations (two Suppliers and one OEM) indicated an interest in Ubiquiti’s Trial/Demo and Limited-Feature software for use (and interested groups are requested to check back for an announcement here about availability and other details within 1-2 weeks).
We may have missed some important points in the above, and do feel free to post them on this forum. Thanks to all participants, and Ubiquiti looks forward to our next Meeting (which will be in Yr. 2010).